Foolish Operations is a Vancouver based Dance company with a focus on creating new dance experience with and for small children and their adults. The company is in its 4th year of operation and led by Julie Lebel, a francophone choreographer, with more than 20 years of professional dance experience.
Foolish Operations is hiring 3 artists for the remount of an existing work, Tricoter in Toronto. We are looking for:
- Experienced Dancers/Improvisers
- Experience in facilitating community engaged workshops with public and/or experience in facilitating creative dance workshops with very young children (ie. 24mth olds and caregivers).
- Comfortable performing outdoors in public and adapting to various surfaces (concrete, grass, etc.) with adapted movements including rolling and moving from high to low levels while avoiding high impacts on joints.
- Tasks include: dancing with yarn, performing to live music + audience engagement/workshops.
Important dates to be available:
- week of April 10-18, 2021 (approx 36hrs of training and rehearsals via zoom)
- Performance Dates May 2021 TBC
Selected artists will be guaranteed one weekly fee of $950 for the training week. The performance fees are subject to future performance presentation contracts and will be discussed during an online interview.
It is considered an asset if you are bilingual (FR/EN). Foolish Operations is interested in applications from all backgrounds, ethnicities and contexts, including those who identify as BIPOC, artist-parents and/or LGBTQ+. Our family audiences are increasingly diverse and we are looking for performers in which they see themselves reflected in.
Please fill your application here: https://forms.gle/Df8eijJs3bBqXTdB7
If your preferred language is French, please fill this form: https://forms.gle/5hgJD7nuJXXYFDj97
Application deadline: March 14, 2021 midnight PST.
* Only selected artists will be contacted and invited to an audition (via Zoom), which will take place between March 22 and 26.
Please use our contact form if you have some questions.
View Tricoter’s teaser video here: https://foolishoperations.org/performances/tricoter/
Photo by Vanessa Fortin, Featuring dancer Liane Thériault.