An outdoor reading experience in Bear Creek Park, inspired by birds, filled with performances and participatory activities, for families with young children, daycares, or preschool groups.
Moving Resting Nesting – Foolish Operations’ new creation for young children and their adults.
Designed with the very young (2–7-year-olds) in mind, this is an outdoor reading experience in Bear Creek Park, inspired by birds, filled with performances and participatory activities for families with young children, daycares, or preschool groups.
Each reading station offers nature exploration, movement and sound making suggestions for families to participate at their own time and pace, to encourage expression and discovery with all the senses. In between reading stations families will encounter dance and music performances throughout their walk in the park.
- August 20, 21 at 10am & 3:30pm
- Tickets are pay-what-you-can
About Bear Creek Park
When you explore Bear Creek Park, you’ll find the focal point for the arts at the Surrey Arts Centre, the cooling off point for the summer at the outdoor pool and waterpark, and the Bear Creek Miniature Train. In addition to a large playground, Bear Creek features football and soccer fields, a running track, a new fenced-in dog off-leash area, and a skatepark to practice your skills. Also find outdoor fitness equipment to use for cardio and strength training. You can also spend time wandering along the nature trails and walking paths. Just a short walk down from the trail, catch a glimpse of spawning salmon or trout!
Bear Creek Park, 13750 88 Ave, Surrey, BC V3W 3L1
- Artistic director and choreographer: Julie Lebel
- Artistic director associate: Caroline Liffmann
- Dance artists: Isabelle Kirouac, Sophie Brassard, Sarah Gallos
- Music: Tara Rajah (cello), Matthew Ariaratnam (composer), Sabrina Mo (flute)
- Interdisciplinary artists: Sarah Dixon, Robin Lough, and Wen Wen Lu in the fields of illustration, music, theater, visual arts, and community engaged arts practice
- Scenography: Kimira (Bhikum) Reddy
- Artistic production: Xin Xuan Song
Link to the Surrey Civic Theatres’ event page: www.surrey.ca/news-events/events/moving-resting-nesting
You must be logged in to post a comment.